Hinton Pathfinders aims to develop and implement the footpath proposals by:
• Researching existing pathways – signage, access, quality
• Working alongside Somerset CC in discharging its statutory obligations to maintain footpaths around the parish to a high standard
• Liaising with the PC to obtain help to carry out repairs and improvements
• Liaising with adjacent parishes and walking groups on footpath matters
• Exploring the possibility of providing additional walking routes where possible
• Encouraging use of the footpath network
We have surveyed all the village footpath network, improved waymarking, regularly cut back overhanging vegetation and agreed necessary footpath improvements with Somerset CC. We also lead monthly village walks in the parish and surrounding area.
We organise monthly village walks open to all people and their dogs. These walks will be about 5-6 miles long, often in the local area, and where possible will include a lunch break at a pub. We will normally meet outside the Lord Poulett Arms at 10:30am on the second Friday of each month, when, if necessary, lifts can be arranged. So watch this web site, the Church Link, Hinton Hound and local notice boards for information on these walks. You can also be included in an email listing and be personally informed of forthcoming walks. Please note that walking is at your own risk.
Please contact me if you find any problems with the parish footpath network or if you wish to be placed on the email listing.
Don Morecombe, Chairman and Parish Paths Liaison Officer
Call: 01460 763 30 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org